Tuesday, October 28, 2008

He who has never made a mistake, has never done anything new...

How many times have you encountered a person who thinks s/he's better than you are? Someone who mocks your efforts and sugarcoats it as brotherly advice? ...Especially when the critisizm happens to be in one particular subject.

The Muslim Brotherhood (a political party in Egypt, and more considered to be some peole's lifestyle - which is the aspect discussed in this post) represents that annoying individual that no one seems to like, but tolerates because there is no way to get rid of them. My argument concern those who folow an overly religious and sometimes downright exstreme lifestyle only - not the political party or anything to do with it.

Simply put, the bearded young men have a bird's eye view of all those who choose not to follow in their path. Every once in a while one may approach you and try to save you from eternal damnation which will be the result of your blasphemous behavior in life. When it is your misfortune to encounter such an individual, it's not uncommon to realize that the brotherly advice you're being given is actually critisizm of your satanic behavior and more of a condescending glance of pitty upon your lost soul. Whether the subject of your defiance is mingling with the opposite sex, use of lousy language, or simply making mistakes during the ritual prayers, you shall never escape the all-seeing eye of the 'Ikhwanjy'.

My mistake was the last of the three. I was approached by such an individual who seemed to derive pleasure from telling me how I've wroged. Try as I might, I couldn't shake him off despite all my attempts. Finally I said: "He who has never made a mistake, has never tried something new!" and politely excused myself, still feeling uneasy because of the demeaningly condescending glances he gave me even as I left the mosque.

6 comments:

*~*Ryn*~* said...

Yes... i was once almost knocked down the road by an religious extremist. I swear, that old woman almost killed me... but that's the situation in my country today. According to the government it's the result of modernization... I don't know whether or not to agree.

Disguise said...

Hey,
I love the way you write..
Really, it's amazing.

:)

Keep in touch?

Btw, hey :)

Khalid said...

thanks! I'm glad you like my blog :) so keep reading!!

Now said...

no lie but this is one blog which i read from my heart. the content is great and its all worth reading. i love this blog. and i will give it a 9.9999/10. and about the post it was good and the quote : "He who has never made a mistake, has never tried something new!" was great

Khalid said...

:D thanks! It's good to know that people actually take the time to read what I have to write. ...

Bruce Johnson said...

In my travels through life, it appears that those that seek refuge in religious dogma are very scared and insecure at their core and constantly seek re-affirmation from others and from dieties that are beyond their reach, instead of looking inward toward themselves and asking hard questions of what and why they (and humanity) does things.

The rise of relgious extremism in American concerns me a lot these days. They are a minority, but a very focused one, just as much as any muslim sect.

The world's problems will never be solved as long as these types of groups are given a voice and allowed to clash.