Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Summer vacation

Yesterday I attended the last of this year's finals, and am now free for the next three months. In the month and a half which the exams were held, I came across all that is new in the world of cheating. With the introduction of all the new technological advances, it has made it all the more easy to cheat. Even without cell-phones and Ipods, etc...people seem to come up with the most elaborate to cheap on exams.

The most common method I came across was that of the eraser, where the cheater would toss me his eraser saying: "here's the rubber you wanted!" so as to make it seem legitimate, all the while winking at me and motioning a flick of a pen with his hand. I of course must comply and proceed to write the MCQ, true or false, and complete answers on the rubber and pretend to use it, then toss it back saying: "Thank you!"

Likewise, another method is simply to gesture to the cheater using 1,2,3 or 4 fingers, indicating answers a through d. which is the most difficult because it involves constant eye contact and physical activity that can easily be detected by the proctor during the exam.

Yet another method, which I prefer over the other two, is to write the answers on the back of the door/s of bathroom stalls and motion inconspicuously to the cheater indicating that the answers are there.

Last but not least, and my personal favourite, is to send the answers of MCQ, true or false, and complete vis SMS to the cell-phones of the cheater during the exam, either by going to the bathroom in the middle, or leaving the exam ten minutes early to do so.

So there you have it! A month and a half of cheating experience at your service.

Note: I would hever be stupid enough to receive answers from anyone in any of those manner, because I trust only myself when it comes to exams. therefore I only give people answers!


No comments: